Actualizado: jul 22
Hecho por Nosotros (HxN) was selected at the High-Level Political Forum agenda, United Nations. We invite you to enjoy remarkable minutes of speakers!
Animaná & Hecho por Nosotros (HxN) hosted a roundtable to discuss the potential of the fashion industry as a catalyzer for sustainable development and the need to implement more transparent practices throughout value chains, empowering MSMEs and generating capacity building initiatives to develop circular production models more favorable for the environment and the people. Transversally to all the conversation was the idea of co-creating solutions to achieve circular models, considering the fashion industry a force for good.
The event was organized on the margins of the 2020 High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) and featured guest speakers:
● Adriana Marina Founder of B corp Animaná and Hecho por Nosotros (HxN).
● Ian Cronin, Project Lead Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Production, World Economic Forum (WEF).
● Maria Teresa Pisani, Acting Head Sustainable Trade and Outreach Unit, Economic Cooperation and Trade Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE).
● Burak Cakmak, Former Dean of Fashion, Parsons School of Design.
● Pranav Khanna, NGO HxN, Technical Textiles expert.
● Moderated by Laura Giadorou Koch, Chief Engagement Officer, B Women.
Adriana Marina welcomed the audience sharing the work the NGO along with the B-Corp Animaná has been doing to reshape the fashion industry. Then, Laura Giadorou Koch kicked-off the discussion with questions on how can we ignite fashion through collaboration and how technologies such as block chain can be leveraged to promote sustainable value chains; to bring experts’ insights on projects that serve these purposes; and to think ahead on the future of the industry amid a transition to a post- COVID-19 situation.
Watch the short video below to learn more!